Science Rocks Terms & Conditions
- To avoid disappointment we recommend you secure your party date as soon as possible with a £50 deposit. This will be taken securely over the phone by our experienced reservation team. Payments by cheque will be confirmed when the bank, have cleared all funds. The balance is due two weeks before your party date.
- All payments are non-refundable but we will try to accommodate a change of date or time.
- We will do our best to comply to any special requests.
- We will offer the nearest available LunarTechie to your location and advice you in advance of the mileage cost.
- The contact details of your assigned LunarTechie will be given to you when your booking is confirmed. Please do not hesitate to contact them a day or two beforehand with any concerns that you may have.
- Our LunarTechie requires a covered table about 1.2m (4 feet) long in a room large enough for all the children to sit on the floor.
- If you have booked an extra ½ hour extravaganza and due to unforeseen circumstances that experiment cannot be performed we will endeavour to substitute it like-for-like.
- We request one adult should be present at all times during the presentation. Family and friends are welcome to stay but please ask them to respect our LunarTechie and remain quiet during the presentation.
- All our ‘hands-on’ experiments are fully supervised and safe for children to handle.
- All our LunarTechie’s hold enhanced CRB certificates and have been fully trained by SCIENCE ROCKS. They are experienced in delivering science experiments and information to children of KS1, KS2 and Preschoolers.
- To fully enjoy your science presentation, we ask that you please switch off music or put away any other distractions whilst the presentation is taking place.
- All parties are based on a continuous presentation. We do not encourage stops as they break the flow, but we understand children get thirsty, therefore drinks are acceptable.
- Your LunarTechie’s presentation will reflect the character of the birthday child and children present. They have experience in delivering a first-class performance to a varied audience.
- We cannot accept responsibility for:
(a) Injuries caused by children touching the equipment table without being invited to do so.
(b) Allergies that have not been specified at the time of booking or the beginning of the party.
(c) Un-popped popcorn kernels, which may present a hazard to teeth.
- Our LunarTechie’s adhere to official guidelines set by SCIENCE ROCKS health and safety standards, whereby all equipment is tested on a regular basis, labeled clearly and sealed with child safety caps.
- If you are unhappy with your presentation, please explain your reason to your LunarTechie. Then let us know in writing as soon as possible.
- Complaints will only be accepted in writing via our email address (email@example.com) or at our registered office: Science Rocks, Innovation House, Molly Millars Close, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2RX
- It is company policy that our LunarTechie's do not help with the catering of food or escorting children to the toilet.
- SCIENCE ROCKS holds full public liability insurance and risk assessment procedures that cover everyone who attends the party.
- We reserve the right to publish any comments, feedback or images of our LunarTechie’s demonstrations.